Updated: Sep 18, 2020
1. Matthew. Suffered martyrdom in Ethiopia, Killed by a sword wound.
2. Mark. Died in Alexandria, Egypt , after being dragged by Horses through the streets until he was dead.
3. Luke. Was hanged in Greece as a result of his tremendous Preaching to the lost.
4. Yochanan (John). Faced martyrdom when he was boiled in huge Basin of boiling oil during a wave of persecution In Rome. However, he was miraculously delivered From death. Yochanan was then sentenced to the mines on the prison Island of Patmos. He wrote his prophetic Book of Revelation on Patmos . The apostle Yochanan was later freed and returned to serve As Bishop of Edessa in modern Turkey . He died as an old man, the only apostle to die peacefully
5. Kefa (Peter). He was crucified upside down on an x shaped cross. According to church tradition it was because he told his tormentors that he felt unworthy to die In the same way that Yahushua (Jesus) had died.
6. James. The leader of the church in Jerusalem , was thrown over a hundred feet down from the southeast pinnacle of the Temple when he refused to deny his faith in Christ. When they discovered that he survived the fall, his enemies beat James to death with a fuller's club.
This was the same pinnacle where satan had taken Yahushua during the Temptation.
7. James the Son of Zebedee was a fisherman by trade when Yahushua Called him to a lifetime of ministry.
As a strong leader of the church, James was beheaded at Jerusalem. The Roman officer who guarded James watched amazed as James defended his faith at his trial.
Later, the officer Walked beside James to the place of execution. Overcome by conviction, he declared his new faith to the judge and Knelt beside James to accept beheading as a believer.
8. Bartholomew. Also known as Nathaniel. He Was a missionary to Asia. He witnessed for Yahushua in present day Turkey. Bartholomew was martyred for his preaching in Armenia where he was flayed to death by a whip.
9. Andrew. He was crucified on an x-shaped cross in Patras, Greece. After being whipped severely by seven soldiers they tied his body to the cross with cords to prolong his agony.
His followers reported that, when he was led toward the cross, Andrew saluted it in these words, "I have long desired and expected this happy hour. The cross has been consecrated by the body of Yahushua hanging on it". He continued to preach to his tormentors For two days until he expired.
10. Thomas. He was stabbed with a spear in India during one of his missionary trips to establish the church in the Subcontinent.
11. Jude. He was killed with arrows when he refused to deny his faith in Yahushua.
12. Matthias. The apostle chosen to replace the traitor Judas Iscariot. He was stoned and then beheaded.
13. Sha'ul (Paul). He was tortured and then beheaded by the evil Emperor Nero at Rome in A.D. 67. Sha'ul endured a lengthy imprisonment, which allowed him to write his many epistles to the churches he had formed throughout the Roman Empire.
Perhaps this is a reminder to us that our sufferings here are indeed minor to compare to the intense persecution and cold cruelty faced by the apostles and disciples during their times for the sake of the Faith.
There will be a large amount of anxiety building up when your head is first placed in the guillotine. When you're waiting to be executed the pressure is there, but it jumps exponentially when it's your turn. I want to give you some advice for that moment, and it's such a short meaningless moment, a vapor... However, I do have something to say on the matter which might be useful to you. As the anxiety begins to rise, Satan will tempt you stronger than ever before, but this time he will not use conventional temptations to make you sin. Satan will attempt to make you love your life MORE than giving your life in that moment. If you renounce Jesus Christ to another human being, Jesus will renounce you at judgment, this is basic truth. Satan will give you plenty of opportunities to renounce Jesus in order to save your life, but you need to block all that out and realize that death in this moment will be so acute. The death to come for those who reject Jesus and worship the beast will be vastly chronic.
So they grab you from the holding cell where many people are waiting to die too. Your anxiety begins to rise because this is it. Your life is literally flashing before your eyes during this walk to the guillotines. You cannot question the sufficiency of the blood on the cross for your sins. Satan will come at you with that first, don't even think you aren't forgiven. Unless of course you lived a unforgiving life toward others, then you might want to be scared. How do you intend to have authentic forgiveness in your heart in under 120 seconds? Forgiveness needs to be dealt with in the heart of hearts, best to take care of that right now, TODAY...
As they place your head in the head insert column, every noise you hear and vibration of the guillotine is intensified because you really don't know when it's coming or what is feels like. You're facing down, probably at a plastic tote or metal container that has the blood of others before you. It might even have fresh heads in it and they're just staring at you. This moment will be critical, this is when you really feel the faith of your Christianity. And in this moment you hear a piece of metal released and in 3 seconds you go into the beyond. No more pain... welcome to the kingdom of heaven.
- Thought provoking post by Dustin Layton